Index to the Final Rolls of Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory (Dawes)

7/7/11

As part of its Archival Research Catalog the National Archives has compiled an Index to the Final Dawes Rolls available online. The index includes the names of individuals entitled to enrollment to the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory (Oklahoma). The index is organized by tribe and enrollment category (Cherokee By Blood, Cherokee Minor, Cherokee Freedmen, etc.), and the categories are listed alphabetically by surname.

Comments

ppmickey's picture
ppmickey
Submitted by ppmickey on
This is an ezcellent place to start hunting for ancestors by surnames, as long as you know the tribe your ancestor is a member of. It's helped me find some names, one off which is an ancestor, and several others that I'm still checking records on.

judybroughton's picture
judybroughton
Submitted by judybroughton on
I am TRACY MY CHEROKEE Heritage PLEASE HELP! My Grand mother was warner! on the blood line for Cherokee! Also Grand mother is Cherokee! Having hard time finding that?? Can U HELP?? judybroughton10@hotmail.com trying to get register

shirley evans's picture
shirley evans
Submitted by shirley evans on
our daniels family .Benton weldon Daniel nc.1815 wife Eunice peddy born 1827ga.Benton's Father was Littleton Daniel sr.1758-1835. children of benton & Eunice julia1842 ga. william c.1845 ga.Amanda1847 ga.Mordecai1849 ga. our daniels grandfather John F.Daniels 1854 born Linsey ok.Eliza. 1857ga. mary 1859 Benton Welden Danieljr.1865 ga. 1840 census Benton w. Daniel family in Heard co ga. 1870 census was in Hillsboro,Hillco tx. Our grandfather John F. Daniels was married 3 times. Elizabeth wells.chirlden Authur B. Daniel.minnie tx., 2 Eliza. Young .children tommie, lillie Bell, Charley James, cora =1892 last wife Viturah Turah russell children johnny 1898 ok. married Emma Plaster .Ocie Lee 1900 tx. Haskell -1910 lindsay ok

michelle moore's picture
michelle moore
Submitted by michelle moore on
My grandmother is Hazel Blanchford. She was born on the osage rez in Oklahoma. Her mother ran a boarding school there.... please help me know more... thanx

Oakley's picture
Oakley
Submitted by Oakley on
I am trying to trace my Indian heritage down and could use help. I believe I have Indian blood from both sides of my family. I believe I possible have Cherokee blood from both sides of my family and Apache blood from my mother’s side of the family.

Phyllis Menking's picture
Phyllis Menking
Submitted by Phyllis Menking on
I am looking for cherokee my grandfather I found some info on him card 355 roll 1176 page 533 it shows he was b b 5/16 tribal rec. 508 also roll f1261 3494 would you ck. and see if it is there Phyllis Menking em philhow@att.net or Phyllismenking.@icloud.com

Debbie Beck Evans's picture
Debbie Beck Evans
Submitted by Debbie Beck Evans on
I am looking for any Becks that are related to William Penn Beck, his father was Ezekial Beck born in Tennessee I believe. William Penn Beck is my Great Grandfather he lived up around Telaquah,Ok I have just traced him this year and I would love to find out more information on him.

Patrick T. Hamilton's picture
Patrick T. Hamilton
Submitted by Patrick T. Hamilton on
I am looking for information on my great grandfather William Shewmake/ William Shoemake or couls be William B. or William R. Shoemake. born about 1858 in Oklahoma died in 1967.

DONNA GOODRICH 's picture
DONNA GOODRICH
Submitted by DONNA GOODRICH on
WE ARE LOOKING TO ALSO SEE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP US GET MY GREAT GRANDMOTHERS ROLL NUMBER HER NAMEWAS SARAH ELLEN STORY TIMMOMS MARRIED ISAAC TIMMONS THEY HAD 3 CHILDREN 1864B-1892D THANK YOU I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME homebaker63@yahoo.com

Tina Gill Coleman
Tina Gill Coleman
Submitted by Tina Gill Coleman on
I a looking for anyone that is kin to the Richard c Boatner are Richard Lee Boatner if anyone can help me my email is t.coleman6463@yahoo.com thank you very much