Sandra Miller Addresses Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The fourth session of Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from July 11 – 15.
Some of the issues that were addressed during EMRIP were:
- Legal Bases of the Right of Indigenous Peoples to participate in decision-making
- Advancing Dialogue on Treaties, Agreements and Other Constructive Arrangements between States and Indigenous Peoples with the UN System
- Indigeous People’s Traditional Knowledge and Intellectual Property
- Implementation of the EMRIP Recommendations on the Right to Education
- Free Prior and Informed Consent – Difficulties and Successes of and with Trans-national Corporations
- Community Governance and Stewardship of Traditional Territories and Biocultural Diversity: The Politics of Recognition, Rights and Responsibilities
In the attached video Sandra Miller, Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement, on behalf of Indigenous Peoples Organization members delivers her statement at EMRIP.
You need to be logged in in order to post comments
Please use the log in option at the bottom of this page