Red Lake’s Earth Day Event Focuses on Healthy Homes
Healthy Homes is the theme for Aki Giizhigad, or Earth Day events at Red Lake on Thursday, April 25. All events are being held at the Seven Clans Casino Event Center in Red Lake, Minnesota beginning with an opening address and lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Learning about arsenic in drinking water and radon in our homes are among the many presentations to be held throughout the day.
- Recycle plastic bags for a reusable grocery bag.
- Bring tires to get the pressure checked to increase gas mileage and reduce gas consumption. First 50 vehicles get a free tire pressure gauge.
- Bring in household hazardous waste for proper disposal.
- Visit the many booths on healthy habits, natural resources, healthy homes, lifestyle choices, energy conversation, and more.
- Get a healthy habits T-shirt and enter to win prize drawings.
- Mino-abiitamaagewin, or Healthy Habitats.
- Mino-ozhichigewin, or Healthy Homes.
- Begwaji-ategin, or Natural Resources.
- Mino-bimaadiziwin, Healthy Lifestyles.
This event is hosted by the Red Lake DNR Environmental Program. For more information and booth registration contact: Cody Charwood or Jennifer Malinski at 218-679-3959.
Please use the log in option at the bottom of this page