The Most Beautifully Sad Song You'll Hear Today: 'Dancing in the Sky'

9/25/13

"Dancing in the Sky" is a simple song about the loss of a loved one, and the video isn't going to win any awards for production value. But that's the beauty of YouTube -- who needs an award as validation when you've racked up over a million and a half views? The achingly exquisite song is by Vancouver-based duo Dani and Lizzy, who describe their sound as "hip-pop" -- although this is a straight-up ballad in 6/8 time. The song is available on iTunes; you can learn more about Dani and Lizzy at DaniandLizzy.com. Scroll down below the video for the lyrics

What does it look like in heaven?
Is it peaceful? Is it free like they say?
Does the sun shine bright forever
Have your fears and your pain gone away?

'Cause here on Earth it feels like everything good is missing since you left
And here on Earth everything's different, there's an emptiness

Oh I, I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angels's choir
I hope the angels know what they have
I bet it's so nice up in heaven since you arrived

So tell me what, do you do up in heaven?
Are your days filled with love and light?
is there music? Is there art and invention?
Tell me are you happy, are you more alive?

'Cause here on Earth it feels like everything good is missing since you left
And here on Earth everything's different, there's an emptiness

Oh I, I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angels's choir
I hope the angels, know what they have
I bet it's so nice up in heaven since you arrived

Comments

Carmen Zamastil
Carmen Zamastil
Submitted by Carmen Zamastil on
I just lost a one of the loves of my life, your song has touched my wounded soul, Thank you

leona jorna's picture
leona jorna
Submitted by leona jorna on
i love this song i play it all the time i lost alot of people in my life and its nice to play the song i go to my moms grave and play it i miss her sooooo much

leona jorna's picture
leona jorna
Submitted by leona jorna on

Paula Hamilton's picture
Paula Hamilton
Submitted by Paula Hamilton on
Lost my daughter to a car accident a couple of years ago and you read into my heart with this song. Thank You

Eugene B.'s picture
Eugene B.
Submitted by Eugene B. on
Just lost my Wife not to long ago and I miss her so much! This song is like me talking to her! God Bless!

Barbara Gemignani's picture
Barbara Gemignani
Submitted by Barbara Gemignani on
I just lost my soul mate of 37 plus years; this song brings out the tears in a healing way! I love listening to this talented singer with this beautiful song! Thank you!

mary head's picture
mary head
Submitted by mary head on
It's such a beautiful song, it touched my heart listening to your voice ,it's so comforting. I lost three grandsons, a daughter, and my husband recently. I just love listening to your song. thank you

Jo-Dean Sullivan's picture
Jo-Dean Sullivan
Submitted by Jo-Dean Sullivan on
I think this song is (Ataahua) Māori word for 'Beautiful' ... Thank you for sharing such a touching and personal song ... It really makes you wonder about the one's you have loved and lost .... I thank you again Jo

kevin nepinak's picture
kevin nepinak
Submitted by kevin nepinak on
thank you sharing such beautiful song ,with me and you ever listen,s wow have good future keep it up girl going places

Sandra Bowen's picture
Sandra Bowen
Submitted by Sandra Bowen on
This is the best song I have heard played in a really long time! It touches deep in my soul every time I play it! I think your video is so full of raw emotion and I simply love it and don't ever stop!

Judy's picture
Judy
Submitted by Judy on
Thank you for this beautiful song. I lost the love of my life 8 years ago and there are moments in my and life events I want to share with him. I listen often to this song and it brings peace to my Soul. Thank You Again.

Judy's picture
Judy
Submitted by Judy on

Donna Gries's picture
Donna Gries
Submitted by Donna Gries on
This song really touched my heart...was just like I was feeling..I lost my sister of a broken heart...she was confined to bed for she couldn't even roll over on her own.Extreme pain...This song is what I hope for her but is how I feel since she left...Thank you..I play it and sing it to her every night since she left

cecelia miller's picture
cecelia miller
Submitted by cecelia miller on
This song touched me in my heart cause last year just lost my grand mom and this year lost my dad.

marlene williams's picture
marlene williams
Submitted by marlene williams on
I very much love this song, never heard it before, but this girl singing it has the most gorgeous voice....love it heaps hugs

Pennie Snow's picture
Pennie Snow
Submitted by Pennie Snow on
Most beautiful song I have ever heard listen to it every day would love to have cd and on my phone!!

Lisa Johnson's picture
Lisa Johnson
Submitted by Lisa Johnson on
I have played your song over and over again. It makes me feel at ease. I lost my mom and it just seems to help the hurt in my heart. It's a beautiful song. Well said and beautifully sung. Sorry for your loss. I hope the person this song is for knows how special you are. Thank you for your time and beautiful song

JILL STERKEN's picture
JILL STERKEN
Submitted by JILL STERKEN on
Beautiful song I keep listening to it over and over.

JILL STERKEN's picture
JILL STERKEN
Submitted by JILL STERKEN on
Beautiful song I keep listening to it over and over.

Norman Shewaybick's picture
Norman Shewaybick
Submitted by Norman Shewaybick on
I lost My Mom,Brother in law,Brother and my Dad all This year 2013 except my mom two years ago....Beautiful song...Beautiful Song...