Samantha Little Photography
The Parrish family, from left: Ian, Liam, Bill, Ross, Keegan and Jensen.

Fort Hall Family Killed By Mysterious Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

ICTMN Staff
2/25/14

When four members of the Parrish family didn’t show up for church or Sunday dinner, other family members became worried. Bill and Ross Parrish, and their sons, 14-year-old Keegan and 12-year-old Liam, were found deceased in their home in Pocatello, Idaho by family members later in the evening on Sunday, February 23.

The Idaho State Journal reports that the family had no carbon monoxide detector in their home. Investigators are looking at a number of possibilities including a natural gas pipeline, a water heater, furnace or stove that may have malfunctioned in the family’s home.

“There is evidence that they knew that they were sick,” Bannock County Coroner Kim Quick told the Journal. “They just didn’t know what they were sick from.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning every year. “The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion,” says the CDC website.

The Parrish family, left to right: Bill, Ross, Liam, Keegan, Jensen, Ian. (Samantha Little Photography)

Pages

You need to be logged in in order to post comments
Please use the log in option at the bottom of this page

POST A COMMENT

Comments

Michael Madrid's picture
Michael Madrid
Submitted by Michael Madrid on
Truly tragic and a concern anytime of year, buty especially when the weather is bad. Too many people succumb to fumes when it comes to heating their home. My thoughts and prayers are with their friends and family. What a tragic loss, a whole family at one time.
1