JOBS: College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work Seeks Three Tenure Track Faculty Positions in the School of Social Work
The College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work invites applications for three tenure track faculty positions in the School of Social Work to begin September 2013. These positions may be filled at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. All three positions are nine-month academic appointments.
The School is a part of the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work, which offers opportunities for creative interdisciplinary programming and research. The BASW and MSW programs prepare students for generalist and advanced generalist social work practice in both rural and urban communities, offering elective courses in such areas of practice as behavioral health, aging, child welfare, healthcare, disabilities, and domestic violence.
The successful candidate will have teaching responsibilities in both the BASW and MSW programs. The faculty member will be expected to teach social work practice courses and therefore a minimum of two years post-MSW degree direct social work practice experience is a requirement for a successful candidate. We are seeking three candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas to fill the three positions. Please clarify your area(s) of expertise in your letter of application.
1. Children, youth and families in any practice setting including child welfare;
2. Leadership, supervision and/or administration for agency and community practice in any practice settings;
3. Micro practice with advanced clinical knowledge and skills in behavioral health practice settings.
Faculty responsibilities include maintaining an active research and scholarship agenda, and engaging in service to the school, college, university and community.
The position is expected to teach at least one course in one of the off-campus MSW/BASW programs currently located in Everett, Vancouver, and Yakima. The position may be expected to teach on the Cheney campus as well as the Riverpoint/Spokane campus. Summer teaching opportunities may be available but are in addition to the academic year workload.
Candidates hired in at the rank of Associate Professor must go up for tenure during their third year.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin 11/26/2012. To be assured full consideration, your application must be complete and submitted through the online portal by the screening date. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR RANK OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:
1. PhD in Social Work or closely related discipline (must be
conferred by start of employment);
2. MSW from a CSWE accredited program
3. A minimum of two years post-MSW degree direct social work practice experience;
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively engage in scholarship;
5. Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching; preference may be given to candidates who offer two or more years of teaching experience at the college level;
6. Demonstrated high degree of interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR RANK OF ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR:
Candidates hired in at the rank of Associate Professor must meet the qualifications listed herein for Assistant Professor. Additionally, candidates must offer at least six years of professional experience which could include a combination of college teaching experience, MSW degree direct social work practice experience, and/or other relevant professional experience.
1. Practice experience and a scholarly emphasis which is supported by a record of accomplishments that address the following needs:
a. Children, youth and families in any practice setting including child welfare;
b. Leadership, supervision and/or administration for agency and community practice in any practice setting;
c. Micro practice with advanced clinical knowledge and skills in a behavioral health practice setting;
2. Demonstrated commitment to promoting social justice through teaching and community service.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hqm3tsx