RFP: Susanville Indian Rancheria Seeks Bid Proposals From Certified Public Accounting Firms
All proposals received after close of business on November 15, 2012 will not be considered as valid, no exceptions per this Legal Notice. Notification of awards will be made by December 1, 2012. Indian owned firms are especially invited to respond to this RFP, also.
The Susanville Indian Rancheria also operates a Casino and Housing Authority, which are audited by separate accounting firms.
TRIBAL SOVEREIGNTY: The Susanville Indian Rancheria shall exercise its Tribal Sovereignty and shall retain the right to reject any and all bids as deemed necessary.
The Susanville Indian Rancheria is soliciting bid proposals from Certified Public Accounting Firms to perform the following services for the fiscal years ending December 31, 2012, December 31, 2013 and December 31, 2014, the scope of service is as follows:
- Conduct an annual audit of the General Purpose Financial Statements of the Susanville Indian Rancheria. This will include the 401 (k) profit sharing plan. The audit examination will be conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and the standards for financial and compliance audits contained in the Government Auditing Standards issued by the U.S. General Accounting Office.
- Perform an audit of all Federal, State and local contracts and grants, under the provision of OMB circulars A-133 and A-102 Common Rules, the Single Audit Act of 1984 and GASB 34. In addition to the above, the Single Audit will be conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and the standards for financial and compliance audits contained in the Government Auditing Standards issued by the U.S. General Accounting Office.
- Firm shall have a minimum of five years experience as a certified CPA accounting firm.
- Firm shall have experience with the auditing of Native American Tribes and/or Tribal organizations.
- Firm shall be familiar with OMB circulars A-133. And A-102 Common Rules, the Single Audit Act of 1984, and other pertinent federal laws.
- Financial statements will be presented in accordance with the financial reporting model described in GASB 34.
- Firm must have an experienced manager to oversee the audit, possess comprehensive technical familiarity with the core tasks and must meet the continuing professional education required by the “Governmental Accounting Standards” issues by the Comptroller General of the United States.
- Proposals shall include resumes of key staff.
- Payment for work performed under this contract shall not exceed the agreed upon amount, unless otherwise agreed upon, in writing by both parties.
- This contract will be subject to Section 7 (b) of the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- For a copy of the 2011 audit contact Carole Lowry, Fiscal Controller, at (530)-251-5167.