20 Racist Tweets About the New Miss America

9/16/13

Miss New York Nina Davuluri has been crowned the new Miss America. Davuluri is Indian-American, which inspired racists and morons (and racist morons) to register their complaints on Twitter. Some felt she isn't American (despite being born in Syracuse), other cracked wise about 7-Eleven, while the most astute of the bunch saw a win for al Qaeda (despite the fact that... oh, never mind).

Different kind of Indian than we normally report on, but, unfortunatey, it's the same old racism. We have to wonder what sort of nonsense might spew forth if an American Indian won Miss America? Maybe instead of "not American enough" the Tweeters would protest that she is too American.

Tip of the hat to BuzzFeed for collecting so many of these:

@MeredithRoanell "This is Miss America... not Miss Foreign Country"

@kathrynryan50 "shes like not even american and she won miss america"

@EJRBuckeye "Well they just picked a Muslim for Miss America. That must've made Obama happy. Maybe he had a vote"

@Granvil_Colt "And the Arab wins Miss America. Classic."

@Not_MissAmerica "More like Miss Terrorist #MissAmerica"

@jakeamick5 "How the fuck does a foreigner win miss America? She is a Arab! #idiots"

@sarawhitton "this is America. not India"

@savannah_dale97 "Miss New York is an Indian.. With all do respect, this is America"

@wnfraser "@ABC2020 nice slap in the face to the people of 9-11 how pathetic #missamerica"

@SHANN___Wow "Miss America right now or miss Al Qaeda?"

@JPLman95 "Miss America? You mean Miss 7-11."

@kalebistoocute "Man our president nor our new Miss America isn't even American I'm sorry but Miss Kansas I salute you your the real American #MissAmerica"

@JTomes84 "Miss America is brought to by their sponsors PF Changs and 7-11."

@_AudreyAnn "Miss America is a terrorist. Whatever. It's fine."

@Blayne_MkItRain "Congratulations Al-Qaeda. Our Miss America is one of you."

@anthonytkr "#MissAmerica ummm wtf?! Have we forgotten 9/11?"

@LukeBrasili "9/11 was 4 days ago and she gets miss America?"

@ColtonSEvans "Egypt dancing? This is America. #MissAmerica"

@NateBerard "Asian or indian are you kiddin this is america omg"

@JAyres15 "I swear I'm not racist but this is America."

Comments

Two Bears Growling's picture
Two Bears Growling
Submitted by Two Bears Growling on
She is a beautiful woman & one of the Creator's children upon Mother Earth. If she lives in a good way, is kind, compassionate, caring towards others & brings honor to her family & people what else should matter my friends? Not one thing! A beautiful spirit brought about because of a kind heart, caring & loving heart should be each one upon this world's top priority in this life. Nothing else should even matter my friends.

chahta ohoyo's picture
chahta ohoyo
Submitted by chahta ohoyo on
so, i'll just be smarmy and say she certainly does not represent indigenous americans....who but the white, eurocentric establishment even cares....'miss AMERICA' is so far removed from the realities of 'native world' that it doesnt really make a damn bit of difference who wears that 'crown'...she will never contribute anything to our reality anyway

curtj's picture
curtj
Submitted by curtj on
The Caucasians fail to realize in 20 years their race will be outnumbered by people of color. It is sad that people of color are discriminated against racially by the descendants of the original illegal European immigrants who stole and murdered their way across this country. As these louts are uneducated, I suggest that my people educate themselves and type: Low I.Q. linked to prejudice and conservative beliefs. I think you may get a laugh that goes to this university study. As Dene, I have issue with First Nation journalists and leaders proudly calling themselves "Indian". Why are they proud to forsake their ancestors names for their nations of peoples, and take the name that the lost, syhillis afflicted lost slaver, rapist, and mass murderer, Christopher Columbus bestowed on them when he landed on the shores of the East Indies of his syhillis afflicted mind? It is no wonder that our kids are lost in the poverty, drugs, alcoholism and suicide, it all stems from our leaders willingly thinking and making life wrenching decisions for their people, stuck in that box filled with the ideologies, philosophies and parameters of colonials, who think it is normal to steal and leech like parasites, off other peoples natural resources and lands. No thoughts of taking anything or grievances to the Indigenous Peoples Forum of the United Nations, to tell the world the policies of theft and murder,, resulted in the terrorist attacks on 9/11. Why aren't our leaders proud of calling themselves what their ancestors named their peoples?

Kat87's picture
Kat87
Submitted by Kat87 on
Use your common sense as a person not as a race! “If you’re an actually intelligent person you don’t blame a race you blame ignorant people. Otherwise you are just being racist yourself, & therefore showing your ignorance just as any other ignorant racist person would do . To blame an entire race for those who are ignorant that happen to be apart of that same race makes you equal to them & that of an ignorant racist person yourself.” - Katherine Hayes (me, myself & I) I don’t think most of the ignorant racist comments understood that she wasn’t Arabic, some did that being said First of all I am white & 20% Native American the 20% was by marriage before that who knows. Second this is on twitter you really sound Ignorant when you just blame white people. You have no Idea how many races are racist out there. It’s twitter anyone can actually have 30 twitter accounts if they want. I have known Asians who hate anyone that doesn’t share the white skin color. In fact most Japanese/Chinese (all white skin) only like whites who aren’t Asian. I knew Asians in the Junior KKK which they called themselves skin heads. I asked them why they said well everyone’s eyes are different but our skin color is the same. I’ve met all kind’s of racists, 90% of this worlds skin color is white including most Asians it’s a fact. All the white countries have waged wars & slaved many not because skin color mattered but because they have war in their blood. The Vikings/Greeks/Spain/French/Romans/Russians & on and on…Most other Races SLAVED/& CONCOURED within their own race & never were able/or chose not to branch out to the rest of the world. Look at all our history, all Races have Ignorant people within their race. Now I don’t believe in racism of any kind But I know if you want to be dominate then you need to cut someone down with something they cant change about themselves & you also have the break them down. Modern day it’s called bullying. War has been waged for all kinds of reasons, Only in the past 40 yrs do women have the rights in all races & mostly all countries to stand up for themselves. We are all now learning the truth with the world wide web & National news. The past is meant to learn from not hold grudges against, even if there are still jerks out there. The jerks/ignorant will fade away so long as we don’t antagonize them. Acknowledge & ignore is the key otherwise they will teach the future to be as ignorant as they are & hide them from the truth. Men have ruled this Earth since man came about & we have had nothing but war. Not being Sexist but looking at histories past if Women ruled the Earth I believe the outcome would be much different. As for the comment from (curtj) you are wrong there are more whites than there are of coloreds. Also the Native/American - English war had nothing to do with racism It was about Territory & differences of lifestyle which waged a war nothing was stolen they just won the war. Just like the whites & blacks who fought & won the civil war. If your were actually educated you would know that. The Sioux/Seminoles etc for example & all other natives fought for territory slaved killed each other for generations. That was a fact of life this whole race thing is only began when whites told blacks it was because they were black which brings me back to the statement I made earlier. Basically the way to win a war is to make the other team non confident nothing personal but if I cut you down for something you can’t change you will always be at my beck & call. Abusive men do this as well.

Kat87's picture
Kat87
Submitted by Kat87 on
I made a previous post White & 20% Native American (Cherokee) btw. It is embarrassing as a mostly white woman to see all these ignorant whites. However again To blame any skin tones for the few who are ignorant in their behavior is racist. It does embarrass white's to see any white's who are racist, but they shouldn't have any reflection upon the rest. Every person is an individual, ever group speaks within themselves regardless of their religion/race/sex etc. Anyone who Judges all for the few makes you as bad as them.

Americana70's picture
Americana70
Submitted by Americana70 on
Wow. I believe these comments were directed for Miss USA 2010 who is Shia arab Muslim. I think most people know the difference between Indians and Muslim groups (arabs, iranians, Pakistanis etc...).

@doesitmatter's picture
@doesitmatter
Submitted by @doesitmatter on
Yo does it really matter? I mean shes a beauty. And im pretty sure a lot of american voted for her. And calling her a terrorist is just racist. If u dont know history, europeans were the ones to abuse other cultures and races. Thought we were past that but apparently some narrow minded people arent.

@mollyD's picture
@mollyD
Submitted by @mollyD on
you have got to be kidding me! she is Hindus not a Muslim! they have nothing to do with each other! she deserves better respect then this. she has real talent and deserves the crown not negative comments!

Someindianguy's picture
Someindianguy
Submitted by Someindianguy on
Are these people retards ? To participate in the competition you should be a US citizen , Where did all these people go, when Rima Fakih won the miss America in 2010. Some of these people just all the truth , they just think america as white america , Grow up people ...

omfg some idiots dont know geography. India and Iraq are not even freaking close...dummies! India had nothing to do with Al Queda!